Friday, December 4, 2009

Temporary Blogger's Block

To readers of my blog,

I'm not sure why, but I'm having a hard time getting onto the computer these days. Sorry! Perhaps it was the unavoidable addiction-breaking gesture of sending my computer to be repaired for a few days and thus not having it at hand at any moment of the day. Perhaps it's the shorter days and the lure of good books and my comfy bed. Perhaps it's kids over, around and under my feet/head/you name it. Perhaps it's the season. That old bearish urge to hibernate is hitting me hard. In any case, I've not been richly inspired recently.

However, I've a small stash of photos from the most recent visit to the Cévennes, some more images of goat cheese (nearing the end of the season, just two more weeks and we'll be done till February!).

I've been out and about -- salsa classes, a tango weekend, lots of walks, hanging with the kids, visiting friends. Just keeping busy if you will.

So, with patience, I trust some inspiration will come and I'll find more good subjects and/or recipes to write about. Not to mention add some good photos.

I shan't go dry for too long, I doubt, so till then, I wish you a good early December!

4 comments:

Sharyn Ekbergh said...

Would be nice to hear about the Cevennes area. I am reading a book on the regions of France and trying to get an idea where places are on the map and what different areas are like. So I will know where I want to go in the future!

Madeleine Vedel said...

I'll do some research to be able to write something a bit more solid than a weekend's visit can produce. It is a lovely area -- far from the cities to the East. However, there are moments it felt rather Massachusettsy -- windy roads, rivers, fall colors, moist leaves, small stone structures, bridges... curious.

*Chic Provence* said...

Enjoy the interlude!

Madeleine Vedel said...

Thank you!