Monday, October 4, 2010

Simply one of my favorite places to be

I love the Callanques, those incredible limestone cliffs overlooking the Mediterranean. I love hiking there with Filou, family and friends. I love bathing in the cool and clear waters. I love eating the fresh fish and fried calamari and sipping a dry Cassis wine (white made with Marsanne). Oh heaven! From the first time I was brought here at the age of 16 by friends in Marseille I've adored this world.

I've a favorite spot. But forgive me. I'm keeping it secret. I'll take you there if you visit, but otherwise nada. I don't want it going into any guide books. It's hard to get to, out of the way, and magical. I fear for my car and myself at times -- one extra reason to be sure the brakes and gear shift are in perfect order! There are other villages, inlets, coves and more along the coast. Just go over to Cassis and beyond. You'll find some neat places. Perhaps you might take a kayak trip? or a boat trip from Marseille? Explore and discover.










4 comments:

Richard Schatz said...

Glad you got so much free time. Ha ha! I was there mid september and took the boat ride around the callanques. 30°

Marvellous

www.englishexpressioncourses.com

Madeleine Vedel said...

this is called work Richard...

Richard Schatz said...

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j9/rivierarocket/Marseille%20Les%20Calanques/?start=all

Marseille and Calanques. Great memories

Unknown said...

Your favorite spot in the Callanques... are you referencing a place to eat or a view?